Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4: Indiana to Illinois


Avi promised a few family pictures - goodbye Cleveland:





There are two people in this world that are obsessed with Indiana - one is David Altman and the other is Moshe Levison. Both my dad and Avi's dad lived in Indiana for a period of time in their lives and we have heard their stories for years. There was no way we were going to miss out on visiting Indiana. So, we drove right through the state and headed to Chicago.







I love being in a place where people refer to carbonated beverages as "pop" and I don't have to hear people order cawwwfee instead of coffee. Surprisingly, both Avi and I have never visited Chicago's famous kosher restaurant Ken's Diner, and decided to try it out tonight. (Sorry, I don't get the hype, but I still love you fellow Chicagoans)



Now that's a burger



Our next stop is Des Moines, Iowa - our first "in the middle of no where" stop. Looking forward to a lot of corn fields and salami sandwiches.


- Hillary

1 comment: